Good low carb Side Dishes
Last few days, I wanted to make riced cauliflower, regrettably, we performedn’t have any of fresh stuff. We often by frozen bags of cauliflower for steaming into the microwave oven, therefore I wondered easily could nevertheless make riced cauliflower inspite of the dampness from the frozen material. Used to do, also it ended up being tasty.
While I’ll always like the fresh stuff given that it’s drier and fries up better, this definitely works in a pinch for just about any of your simple reduced carbohydrate meals. It’s additionally great if you’re on a budget, considering that the bags of frozen cauliflower can frequently be bought for a buck, while a head of frozen cauliflower is about $3 or maybe more right here. Regardless, it’s a win-win.
I didn’t snap a picture of ingredients, because by this time, my better half had been bemoaning that he had been “starving.” I simply rushed through it and served it with your low-carb meatloaf muffins.
This low carb part dish may be made from frozen cauliflower. This has a savory taste that pairs really with meatloaf and other comfort foods.
Author: Donella Crigger
Recipe kind: Side Dish, Reduced Carbohydrate
Helps: 4 portions
- 1 case frozen cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- ½ medium onion
- 1 tbsp. essential olive oil
- 1 tsp. experienced salt
- ½ tsp. black colored pepper
- Defrost the frozen cauliflower by working tepid water on it. Empty really, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the cauliflower inside meals processor, or use your blender regarding the "cut" establishing. Pulse once or twice until the cauliflower is little like rice.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet. Add cauliflower, onions and carrots. Cook until veggies are nearly done.