Healthy low fat Banana cake recipe
Low fat banana cake, a less heavy from scrape fresh banana dessert with a thin layer of sweet peanut butter frosting. This banana cake is a classic family preferred recipe that I’ve tinkered with – decreasing the sugar and fat – making it fat Watchers friendly. In addition cut the frosting recipe in two, dispersing the dessert with a thinner level of sweet peanut butter frosting – which means you get all the lusciousness; simply less of it.
In the event that you don’t like peanut butter frosting, feel free to replace a slim layer of preferred icing – vanilla, chocolate, cream cheese, and coconut – would be tasty.
The original recipe is from one of my favorite baking books, Sylvia’s Cakes and Breads: known dishes from a tiny Maine Kitchen, by Sylvia Hocking, which for years ran just a little bakeshop and mail order company from her house kitchen and whose customers included Julie Andrews, Dave Grusin, and John Williams.
a less heavy from scrape fresh banana cake with a slim level of peanut butter frosting that's in the same way tasty as it's full fat relative.
Recipe type: Dessert, Cake
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ½ tsp sodium
- ¾ glass sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ glasses reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 big really ripe bananas)
- 2 glasses all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 glass confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Position an oven rack inside center and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a sizable dish, with an electric powered mixer, beat the coconut oil and sugar until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat really. Dissolve the baking soda inside buttermilk and enhance the combination.
- Include the mashed bananas and beat until well-blended.
- Add the flour and stir simply until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cooking pan, distributing it uniformly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted when you look at the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 moments.
- Eliminate through the range and place the baking pan on a cable rack to cool off entirely.
- To help make the frosting, place the butter and water really little saucepan as well as heat to boiling. Pour within the sugar. Blend within the peanut butter until well-blended and creamy.
- Quickly spread the frosting within the cooled dessert.
Health Estimates per portion of reduced fat banana dessert: 171 calories, 7.1 g fat, 23. 9 g carbs, 0.9 g fibre, 3.3 g protein, 5* WW PointsPlus Value.
*PointsPlus® for Low Fat Banana Cake calculated by Simple Nourished Living; perhaps not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.