Healthy eating snacks recipes
If you’re looking for some wheat-free choices in terms of treats, these muffins work great. The carrots offer beta-carotene, and the flaxseeds offer a near-zero carbohydrate way to obtain dietary fiber. The pecans supply the muffins some crunch, while the herbs and orange peel include zing.
1½ c almond meal/flour
1 c sliced pecans
½ c floor fantastic flaxseeds
2 tsp floor cinnamon
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cooking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp surface cloves
½ tsp sea salt
1 c shredded carrots
2 Tbsp orange peel
½ c raisins (optional)
2 eggs, separated
½ c xylitol or ¼ tsp liquid stevia or even to desired sweetness
½ c bad lotion or coconut milk
¼ c coconut oil, extra-light olive oil, or butter, melted
½ c applesauce
¼ tsp ointment of tartar
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Put report liners in a 12-cup muffin cooking pan or grease the glasses.
2. STIR together the almond meal/flour, pecans, flaxseeds, cinnamon, cooking dust, baking soft drink, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a sizable dish. Blend in carrots, orange-peel, and raisins (if utilizing).
3. WHISK collectively the egg yolks, xylitol or stevia, sour ointment or coconut milk, oil or butter, and applesauce in a medium bowl.
4. BEAT the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric powered mixer in a large bowl until rigid peaks kind. Gently fold the outdone whites in to the egg yolk mixture until combined. Fold egg combination to the flour mixture until well combined.
5. DIVIDE the batter among the muffin glasses, completing each approximately half full. Bake for 40 moments, or until a wooden choose inserted in the heart of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in cooking pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove from cooking pan and cool completely in the rack.
DIET (per muffin) 248 cal, 6 g pro, 9 g carbohydrate, 22 g total fat, 6 g sat fat, 5 g fibre, 255 mg sodium