Bob Evans calorie count
"Down on the farm" may be the motto at Bob Evans, although dishes here rely much more heavily on animal products than fresh fruits or veggies. This homestyle restaurant focuses on breakfast things and old-fashioned preferences like grandma always make. While homestyle often means hefty fare, there is some lighter alternatives at Bob Evans once you know where to look.
- A few of the breakfasts here will strike your whole fat plan for the day. For a more healthy morning meal, order grits or oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit, or something like that through the Fit through the Farm Breakfast menu.
- If you prefer omelets, order yours with egg substitute and lots of vegetables. Miss out the greasy meats, request less mozzarella cheese and skip the sauces that come with all of them.
- Bob Evans is known for its sausage, that is tasty but saturated in fat and calories. If you are craving animal meat, purchase just one sausage patty (133 calories, 12 g fat, 313 mg sodium), sausage website link (140 calories, 11 g fat, 184 mg salt) or strip of bacon (36 calories, 4 g fat, 54 mg sodium).
- Many of the salads are oversized and packed with calories. The Cobb salad, for example, features nearly 700 calories and 46 g of fat-without dressing. While salads are nutrient-rich compared to French fries, calories nonetheless count. When purchasing any Bob Evans salad, select the brand-new, smaller savor size with vinegar & oil, Lite Ranch or Hot Bacon dressing on the side.
- Most snacks do have more than 500 calories and 20 g of fat. When choosing a sandwich, choose a half sandwich like Half Chicken Salad or Half chicken Bacon Melt or perhaps the Grilled Cheese or Grilled Chicken snacks. Make sure you skip the fries quietly.
- Dinner choices can get very full of calories, fat and salt. Selecting items a la carte will save you calories, but might cost more cash. Don't forget to prevent the deep-fried entree options, and request sauces or gravies to be left off or offered privately.
- There are lots of healthier side things, including a plain baked potato, fresh fruit cup, applesauce, green beans, carrots, or broccoli florets. Select a dinner roll instead of a biscuit to truly save 9 g of fat and 70 calories-but stick to one and deliver any extras residence to consume later on.
- a cup or full bowl of soup can be a filling a lower-calorie selection, so be sure to ask about the soup of day. Many contain under 300 calories much less than 10 g of fat. (The exceptions are the Cheddar Baked Potato and the Sausage Chili.)
- Have a look at children Menu as well as the Senior Menu for part control. Many restaurants do not stay glued to this restriction printed from the menu, so pose a question to your host whenever you can purchase from these menus.